A truck hauling a too-tall load hit an overhead girder of a bridge on the major thoroughfare between Seattle and Canada, sending a section of the span and two vehicles into the Skagit River below, though all three occupants suffered only minor injuries.
Sales of new homes rose in April to the second highest level since the summer of 2008 while the median price for a new home hit a record high, further signs that housing is recovering.
The state’s budget committee voted unanimously to adopt most of Gov. Scott Walker’s plan to eliminate a $63 million deficit in the state’s transportation fund while putting more toward transit services, local roads and specific projects.
- Milwaukee County Board OKs outside attorney to fight reform bills
- Wisconsin jobs agency names 4th CFO in 2 years
- Whaley-Smith named to Milwaukee County economic post
- Milwaukee County Board overrides SBE definition veto
- Committee to again tackle WisDOT deficit plan
- Transportation, water projects face federal cuts