Frac sand mining’s impact on job creation in Wisconsin’s sandy areas will be minimal, and communities must account for its potential economic drawbacks, according to a new report.
The state’s Republican-controlled budget committee voted, 12-4, on Wednesday to reduce Wisconsin’s budget for land stewardship, which sets aside land for public purposes, by millions of dollars two years after reducing it by $26 million.
Real Estate Headlines
Gov. Scott Walker’s proposal to allow the sale of state utility plants to pay off transportation debt might not even be able to generate enough money to pay off the debt on the plants themselves.
- Walker signs layoff alternative bill
- Milwaukee County supervisors end bid to remove chairwoman
- State proposal insulates Milwaukee County exec from revenge
- State adds 62,000 jobs over past 2 years (UPDATE)
- Finance committee wants to cut DNR’s land-stewardship budget
- Senate panel considers labor board nominees (UPDATE)