The OSHA report
Published: July 9, 2010
Tags: aerial lift, Chimney Doctors, citation, design, electrical, eye protection, face protection, fall protection, Green Bay, Hartland, head protection, industrial, La Plant Roofing & Construction LLC, ladder, Lake Wood Builders Inc., masonry, New Berlin, osha, Quasius Construction Inc., roofing, safety, scaffolding, Seidl’s Services LLC, settlement, Sheboygan, siding, Stanley, training, truck, wiring, work platform
• La Plant Roofing & Construction LLC, De Pere, must pay a $450 powered-industrial-trucks citation, a $600 head-protection citation, a $600 electrical-wiring-design-and-protection citation, a $750 fall-protection citation and a $600 ladders citation because the period to contest the violations has ended. The company was issued the citations April 29 during a roofing job at 124 W. Fourth Ave., Stanley.
• Seidl’s Services LLC, Green Bay, reached an informal settlement with OSHA on May 12 to reduce a $600 eye-and-face-protection citation to $350 and a $1,500 fall-protection citation to $820. The company was issued the citations April 30 during a roofing job at 300 St. Joseph St., Green Bay.
• Lake Wood Builders Inc., Oconomowoc, reached an informal settlement with OSHA on June 15 to reduce a $600 aerial-lifts citation to $420. The company was issued the citation June 3 during a siding job at 107 North Ave., Hartland.
• Chimney Doctors, Milwaukee, reached an informal settlement with OSHA on June 18 to reduce a $300 scaffolding-training citation to $210, a $375 fall-protection citation to $262.50, a $375 fall-protection-training citation to $262.50 and two scaffolding citations, totaling $600, to $420. The company was issued the citations June 4 during a masonry job at 13910 W. Briarwood Lane, New Berlin.
• Quasius Construction Inc., Sheboygan, reached an informal settlement with OSHA on June 25 to reduce a $1,250 self-propelled-elevating-work-platform citation to $625. The company was issued the citation June 2 during a nonresidential building job at 1607 Geele Ave., Sheboygan.
PREVIOUS OSHA REPORTS FROM THE DAILY REPORTER