Chemical spill sends 5 to hospital
FORT ATKINSON, Wis. (AP) — A chemical spill at a Fort Atkinson manufacturing plant has sent five people to the hospital.
Fire officials say phosphoric acid spilled after a valve broke on a 330 gallon container at the Spacesaver Corp. plant early Tuesday. The plant was evacuated.
Fire Capt. Mark Schoenleber told WISC-TV five people exposed to the acid were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The Jefferson County hazardous materials unit was called to clean up the spill.
Information from: WISC-TV, http://www.channel3000.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.