Lawsuit blames furnace installation for explosion
SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. (AP) — A lawsuit filed by the victims of a Sun Prairie house explosion alleges a faulty furnace installation is to blame for the blast that killed one and injured two others.
A 26-year-old teacher who rented a room from the homeowners, Andrew Manley, was killed in the explosion Nov. 9.
The homeowners, Steven Slack and Lindsey Stephany, were injured. Their attorney said six days before the explosion Service Specialists of Dane County replaced the furnace. No permit was issued for the work, and as a result, there was no inspection.
WKOW-TV reports Service Specialists denies there was any problem with the installation and, according to the company, it will “vigorously” defend itself against the lawsuit, which was filed on behalf of the homeowners and the family of Andrew Manley.
Information from: WKOW-TV, http://www.wkowtv.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.