Metro Milwaukee home sales spike 29.2 percent in a year
Prices in the metropolitan Milwaukee housing market are up 29.2 percent from last July, according to a Greater Milwaukee Association of Realtors news release.
July, according to the release, showed a .09 percent decline in homes listed for sale. There are beginning to be more multiple offers on homes because of high sales and low inventory, according to the release.
County sales in July compared to 2011 were:
- Kenosha County was up 38.6 percent in sales;
- Milwaukee County sales increased 29.2 percent;
- Ozaukee County sales increased 5.4 percent;
- Racine County was down 3.9 percent in sales;
- Walworth County was up 35.6 percent;
- Washington County increased 43.6 percent; and
- Waukesha County was up 32.5 percent.
– Kirsten Klahn