Quantcast
Home / Government / Kenosha County gets $1.75 million hazard mitigation grant

Kenosha County gets $1.75 million hazard mitigation grant

CHICAGO – The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency on Thursday released $1,751,449 in Hazard Mitigation Grant Program funds to Kenosha County for the acquisition and removal of 16 structures repeatedly damaged by flooding.

HMGP provides grants to state and local governments to implement long-term hazard mitigation measures. Through HMGP, FEMA will pay 75 percent of the $2,335,265 project. The remaining 25 percent of the funds, $583,816, will be provided through a combination of funds from the state of Wisconsin and Kenosha County.

HMGP funds will be used to remove these homes from the floodplain, returning the area to open space.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*