GRANTSBURG, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin utility faces nearly $200,000 in fines after a worker was electrocuted trying to restore power after a summer storm.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited North Central Power Co. Inc. of Grantsburg for safety violations.
According to OSHA, North Central Power failed to make sure employees were protected by wearing insulated gloves and sleeves, de-energizing power lines, and installing protective grounds on lines and equipment.
The company also was cited for allowing employees to operate chain saws without leg and foot protection.
Lineman Glenn Charles Parker of Radisson came in contact with a live wire and was electrocuted Aug. 8 near Winter.
The company has 15 business days to contest the findings. North Central Power vice president Dave Dahlberg said the company had no comment.