GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — A replica of Elvis Presley’s favorite roller coaster will open this weekend at a Green Bay amusement park.
After nine months of construction, the Zippin Pippin is ready to roll at Bay Beach Amusement Park. It’s been 75 years since the amusement park had a roller coaster. The nearly $4 million coaster is expected to generate $383,000 for Bay Beach each year.
WLUK-TV says the city purchased the Zippin Pippin name, design and history from a Tennessee amusement park. Part of the documented history is that the ride was Elvis’ favorite roller coaster.
Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com
Read more on the Zippin Pippin
- Miron earns 4 Build Wisconsin Awards
- Along for the ride: Zippin’ Pippin’ Roller Coaster
- Miron rides out a bumpy time for construction
- Zippin Pippin roller coaster beats expectations
- All shook up
- Zippin Pippin ready to ride in Green Bay
- Union battle casts shadow over local races
- Green Bay seeking 1st rider for Elvis’ coaster
- Green Bay mayor faces roller coaster election season
- Weather not slowing work on Elvis’ top ride