The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands on Wednesday approved five State Trust Fund Loans totaling just more than $3.2 million to provide money for public projects across Wisconsin.
Loans approved include:
• City of Brillion — finance three TID projects — $500,000;
• Town of Hebron — finance road construction and maintenance — $515,000;
• City of Kiel — finance TID projects — $1,300,000;
• Sparta Area School District — construct football locker facility — $150,000;
• Wood County — finance public safety communication towers — $750,000;
The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands has approved 156 loan applications totaling nearly $101 million throughout the past 12 months. The loans can be made to municipalities and school districts for any public purpose.
Created in 1848 by the Wisconsin Constitution, the Board of Commissioners of Public Lands was established to accept federal land grants and to manage trust funds for the benefit of public education in Wisconsin.