APPARENT LOW BIDS
• Janke General Contractors Inc., Athens, submitted the apparent low bid of $478,038.50 for an improvement project for the Gilbert Riverfront Trail in Menasha.
• Master Design Build LLC, Lakemoor, Ill., submitted the apparent low bid of $446,342 for a seal and tuckpointing project at the Tomah VA Medical Center.
• American Sewer Services Inc., Rubicon, submitted the apparent low bid of $386,155 for a water main relay project in Milwaukee.
• Janke General Contractors Inc., Athens, submitted the apparent low bid of $295,525 for a trestle improvement project at the Gilbert Trestle in Menasha.
• Aring Equipment Co., Eau Claire, submitted the apparent low bid of $276,400 for snow removal equipment for the Rice Lake Regional Airport.
• Statz Restoration & Engineering Co. Inc., Menomonee Falls, submitted the apparent low bid of $224,850 for a sealant replacement project at the Winnebago County Jail in Oshkosh.
• Poblocki Paving Corp., Milwaukee, submitted the apparent low bid of $199,077 for an asphalt parking lot project in West Allis.
• Custofoam Corp., Mauston, submitted the apparent low bid of $152,710 for a roof replacement project at UW-Eau Claire.
• Master Design Build LLC, Lakemoor, Ill., submitted the apparent low bid of $147,741 to construct an EMS washdown room at the Tomah VA Medical Hospital.
• Rock Church Construction Inc., Livingston, submitted the apparent low bid of $123,600 for a stage curtain project at the UW-Whitewater.
• H & H Industries Inc., Madison, submitted the apparent low bid of $119,960 for the rebid of a coal system feeder drive upgrade project at the Mendota Mental Health Institute.
• IEI General Contractors Inc., De Pere, submitted the apparent low bid of $115,599.94 for a dam spillway repair project at the Maple Lake Dam in Three Lakes.
River City Construction, Wisconsin Rapids, submitted the apparent low bid of $104,409 for a curtain wall replacement project at the UW-Stout in Menomonie.
• Corporate Contractors Inc., Beloit, submitted the apparent low bid of $88,330 for a boat ramp improvement project at the Lilly Lake Boat Ramp in Wheatland.
• River City Construction, Wisconsin Rapids, submitted the apparent low bid of $68,680 for an exterior renovation project at the Kettle Moraine State Forest-Southern Unit Headquarters in Eagle.
• Northern Metal & Roofing Co. Inc., Green Bay, submitted the apparent low bid of $59,540 to re-roof Fire Station No. 2 in Green Bay.
• Steen Construction Inc., Dorchester, submitted the apparent low bid of $11,250 to raze and remove some buildings in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Northland Constructors of Duluth LLC, Duluth, Minn., submitted the apparent low bid of $10,955 for a grassed waterway project in Chippewa County.
• The MEP bid summary for a fire pump and standpipe repair project at Van Vleck Hall at the UW-Madison can be found HERE.
• The lists firms that submitted proposals for on call services related to land and water property land surveying in Dane County can be found HERE.
• The bid results for a project to insulate the Blue Shed Highway Storage Facility in Madison can be found HERE.
Out of State
• Premier Electrical Corp., Brooklyn Park, Minn., submitted the apparent low bid of $1,362,200 to remodel a telecommunications room at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
• Fischer Excavating Inc., Freeport, Ill., submitted the apparent low bid of $519,353.88 for the construction of a new boat launch and pier at Stone’s Landing in Machesney Park.
• Scott Morin Excavating, Niagara, submitted the apparent low bid of $41,323 for a sewer extension project in Kingsford.
• Zignego Co. Inc., Waukesha, was awarded an $8,497,505.81 contract for an airport runway reconstruction project at the Waukesha County Airport.
• C3T Inc., Milwaukee, was awarded a $3,105,000 contract for the Great River Road Interpretive Center Phase II project in Genoa.
• Lasar Construction LLC, Baraboo, was awarded a $544,616 contract for a sewer infrastructure repair project at Devil’s Lake State Park in Sauk County.
• Walsdorf Roofing Co. Inc., Kiel, was awarded a $437,000 contract to replace a pool roof at the Noyes Park Pool in Milwaukee.
• Dorner Inc., Luxemburg, was awarded a $313,546.50 contract for a sewer and water main reconstruction project in Appleton.
• A-1 Excavating Inc., Bloomer, was awarded a $299,233 contract for a TRIP road work project in Lafayette.
• Langer Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc., Milwaukee, was awarded a $160,300 contract to replace a roof on the Central Services Maintenance Garage in Milwaukee.
• Central Cable Contractors Inc., Waupun, was awarded a $159,546 contract to construct an underground fiber optic line for the Jefferson County Government building.
• Larson Construction Co., Chippewa Falls, was awarded a $113,778.25 contract for a snowmobile bridge project in the town of Arpin.
• Musson Brothers Inc., Brookfield, was awarded an $111,700 contract for a private lateral rehabilitation by lining project in River Hills.
• Enterprise Systems Group, Little Chute, was awarded a $95,774 contract for a wireless security camera system project at the Westlawn Housing Development in Milwaukee.
• Earth Inc., Arpin, was awarded a $89,999 contract to demolish two commercial buildings in Marshfield.
• High-Tech Commercial Painting, Montfort, was awarded an $89,800 contract for a high performance coating project on final clarifiers in Oregon.
• Nelson Construction Co. of La Pointe Inc., La Pointe, was awarded an $83,045 contract for a harbor maintenance dredging project on the La Pointe Harbor on Madeline Island.
• Tri-County Contracting Inc., New Berlin, was awarded a $76,143 contract to re-roof the round barn at the Marshfield Fairgrounds Park.
• Rule Construction Ltd., Dodgeville, was awarded a $58,219 contract for a TRIP road improvement project in Ridgeway.
• Sharper Edge Landscaping, De Pere, was awarded a $45,524.59 contract for a landscaping project at the Centennial Centre Boulevard in Hobart.
• Muza Sheet Metal Co. LLC, Oshkosh, was awarded a $34,075 contract to furnish some shelving to the Public Safety Training Center in Appleton at the Fox Valley Technical College.
• New Jobs, Week of Oct. 15 – Oct. 21, 2014: 158
• New Jobs, Week of Oct. 15 – Oct. 21, 2013: 131
• New and Updated Jobs, Oct. 15 – Oct. 21, 2014: 376
• New and Updated Jobs, Oct. 15 – Oct. 21, 2013: 314
• New and Updated Jobs, Jan. 1 – Oct. 21, 2014: 18,759
• New and Updated Jobs, Jan. 1 – Oct. 21, 2013: 14,909
• New Jobs, Week of Oct. 15 – Oct. 21, 2014 by region:
- Central: 32
- Northern: 22
- Southeastern: 50
- Southwestern: 19
- Various Wis. Counties: 2
- Out of State (portions of Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota): 33
• Charles Schneider Construction Corp., Hazelhurst, was awarded a $32,500 contract to raze and remove some buildings in Arbor Vitae.
• Wire Technologies Inc., Kaukauna, was awarded a $27,038 contract for a fiber optic cabling project in Appleton.
• The successful MEP bidders have been identified for an above-ground connectors project at the Wisconsin Veterans Home in Union Grove.
• The Boson Co. Inc., Marshfield, was awarded a contract for a secure commons entry project for the Marshfield High School.
Out of State
• N-Trak Group, Loves Park, Ill., was awarded a $206,660 contract for a water main replacement project in Rockford, Ill.
• DeSalvo Construction, Hibbard, Ohio, was awarded a contract to construct an auto parts store in Harvard.
The list of awarded contractors for an addition and remodeling project at Birchview Elementary in Ishpeming can be found HERE.
On the Horizon
• LHB Inc., Duluth, Minn., was awarded a contract to provide pre-design services to the city of Hermantown, Minn., for the Arrowhead Regional Health & Wellness Center.
A/E and Consultant Services
• Elevate Energy, Chicago, Ill., was awarded a contract to provide consulting services for the Georgetown University Energy Prize Program plan to maximize reduction of net energy use in Madison.
• Horty Elving & Associates Inc., Minneapolis, Minn., was awarded a contract to provide A/E services to design a skilled nursing facility, dementia/mental health crisis unit in New Richmond.
• AECOM, Stevens Point, was awarded a contract to provide design services to Portage County for the Tomorrow River State Trail project.
This Week’s Industry Pulse Setlist
The Selecter – On My Radio
Lee Morgan – Party Time
RUN DMC – It’s Tricky
Amazulu – Moonlight Romance
Eisley – Telescope Eyes
Go Home Productions – Virgin O’Riley
Gylne Tider – We Are The World
Evangelion (Rammstein – Engel)