APPARENT LOW BIDS
• Howard Immel Inc., Green Bay, submitted the apparent low bid of $3,539,458 for an above-ground building connectors project at the Wisconsin Veterans Home in Union Grove.
• Michels Corp., Brownsville, submitted the apparent low bid of $2,576,890.50 for an underground utility project in Milwaukee.
• Western Contractors Inc., New Berlin, submitted the only bid of $332,562 for a golf course drainage project in Sturtevant.
• No Mercy Excavating LLC, Chippewa Falls, submitted the apparent low bid of $283,775 to demolish the Plaza Building in Chippewa Falls.
• Vinton Construction Co., Manitowoc, submitted the apparent low base bid of $252,368.60 for a water main relay project in Menomonee Falls.
• J.P. Cullen & Sons Inc., Brookfield, submitted the apparent low bid of $207,749 for an office shell build-out project at the General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee.
• Mid City Plumbing & Heating Inc., Butler, submitted the apparent low bid of $142,745 for a fountain drain disconnection and sump pump installation project at various locations in Milwaukee.
• Higher Ground Roofing, Kewaskum, submitted the apparent low bid of $118,745 for a roof replacement project on the Wyllie Library at the UW-Parkside in Kenosha.
• Langer Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc., Milwaukee, submitted the apparent low bid of $108,100 for a roofing and siding replacement project at the Webster Middle School in Milwaukee.
• Alexander Furnishings, Hillsboro, submitted the apparent low bid of $30,987.60 for a quantity of wall pocket tables for the Miller Elementary School cafeteria in Tomah.
• The list of firms that submitted letters of interest for consulting services for improvements to the Park Falls Municipal Airport can be found HERE.
• The list of firms that submitted proposals for engineering and design services for a feasibility level design project for a treatment system for stormwater runoff on the east branch of the Starkweather Creek in Madison can be found HERE.
Out of State
• Edward Kraemer & Sons Inc., Burnsville, Minn., submitted the apparent low bid of $43,097,946.99 for a bridge rehabilitation project in Minneapolis.
• CM Construction Co. Inc., Burnsville, Minn., submitted the apparent low bid of $6,753,844 for a restroom upgrade project at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
• Kraus-Anderson Construction Co., Midwest Division, Duluth, Minn., submitted the apparent low bid of $3,872,000 for a health wing revitalization project at the Lake Superior College in Duluth.
• Copenhaver Inc., Gilberts, Ill., submitted the apparent low bid of $2,069,132.50 for a drainage improvement project at the Convention Center in Schaumburg, Ill.
• Montgomery Timmerman Construction, Galena, Ill., submitted the apparent low bid of $748,600 for an addition project at the Jo Daviess County Transit Building.
• Insituform Technologies Inc., Chesterfield, Mo., submitted the apparent low bid of $435,360 for a sewer rehabilitation project in Lindenhurst, Ill.
• Olsen & Olsen Building Contractors, Manistique, Mich., submitted the apparent low bid of $209,200 for a toilet building replacement project at Palms Book State Park in Manistique.
• Dorner Inc., Luxemburg, was awarded a $3,407,144.71 contract for a utility and street project in Oshkosh.
• Viking Bros. LLC, Rubicon, was awarded a $1,691,580 for snow removal services at Milwaukee and Pewaukee Army Reserve Centers.
• Mike Koenig Construction Co. Inc., Sheboygan, was awarded a $1,352,969 contract to remodel the Sheboygan County Law Enforcement Center Communication Center.
• Advance Construction Inc., Green Bay, was awarded a $1,122,920 contract for a utilities project in Germantown.
• Accurate Controls Inc., Ripon, was awarded a $717,009 contract for a command center and security upgrade project at the Washburn County Law Enforcement Center in Shell Lake.
• Viking Bros. LLC, Rubicon, was awarded a $494,925 contract for snow removal services in various Wisconsin counties and one Michigan county.
• Van Ert Electric Co. Inc., Kaukauna, was awarded a $408,320 contract for the construction of an MCC-B1/B1A replacement in the city of Green Bay.
• A.W. Oakes & Son Inc., Racine, was awarded a $395,000 contract for a water quality improvement project at the Eichelman Park Beach in Kenosha.
• Carlson Racine Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc., Racine, was awarded a $279,800 contract for a roof replacement project on the Simmons Library in Kenosha.
• S & L Undergound Trucking Inc., Merrimac, was awarded a $259,691 contract for a Dunns Marsh treatment structure in Madison.
• Van Straten Construction, Green Bay, was awarded a $249,090 for a water main relay project in Menomonee Falls.
• Cappelle Bros. and Diedrich Inc., Fond du Lac, was awarded a $204,430 contract for a vehicle sallyport gate replacement project at the Wisconsin Resource Center in Winnebago.
• IEI General Contractors Inc., De Pere, was awarded a $141,000 contract for a dam repair project at the Little Rice Wildlife Area Dam in Forest County.
• Badgerland Excavating Corp., Madison, was awarded a $124,353 contract for the reconstruction of the John Nolen asphalt path in Madison.
• Rass Excavating and Materials LLC, Sturgeon Bay, was awarded an $118,408 contract for the implementation of beach best management practices at Lakeside Park in Jacksonport.
• Katt Construction Corporation, Racine, was awarded a $50,127 contract for a female locker room improvement project at the Safety Building in Racine.
• Systems Technologies, Merrill, was awarded a $41,188 contract for a software-based matrix switcher for the Marathon County Sheriff’s Department.
• Speedway Sand & Gravel Inc., Middleton, was awarded a $34,622.50 contract for an Olbrich canoe launch in Madison.
• Goebel Roofing & Siding, Eden, was awarded a $22,875 contract for a roof replacement project on Octagon Hall at the Fond du Lac County Park.
• The award summary for surveying services for Dane County can be found HERE.
Out of State
• Stenstrom General Contractor, Rockford, Ill., was awarded a $427,600 contract for a reservoir improvement project at two wells in Rockford.
• Hunt Electric Corp., Duluth, Minn., was awarded a $255,053 contract for a generator installation project at the Duluth City Hall.
• Scott Morin Excavating, Niagara, was awarded a $41,323 contract for a sewer extension project in Kingsford.
A/E and Consultant Services
• The list of firms that submitted proposals for engineering, design, and construction phase services for an infrastructure improvement project in an industrial park in Platteville can be found HERE.
• Ratsch Engineering Company Ltd., Neillsville, was awarded a $52,500 contract to provide design services to the village of New Auburn for a new fire department building.
• Martenson &Eisele Inc., Menasha, was awarded a contract to provide A/E services to Calumet County to design a new park office.
• New Jobs, Week of Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2014: 123
• New Jobs, Week of Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2013: 81
• New and Updated Jobs, Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2014: 376
• New and Updated Jobs, Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2013: 301
• New and Updated Jobs, Jan. 1 – Oct. 28, 2014: 19,135
• New and Updated Jobs, Jan. 1 – Oct. 28, 2013: 15,210
• New Jobs, Week of Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2014 by region:
- Central: 35
- Northern: 19
- Southeastern: 36
- Southwestern: 17
- Various Wis. Counties: 0
- Out of State (portions of Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota): 16
Industry Pulse Setlist (the Halloween edition)
Ministry – Everyday Is Halloween
Eraserhead – In Heaven
Roky Erickson – I Think Of Demons
Mercyful Fate – Evil
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – Nightmare On My Street
Michael Jackson – Thriller
Goblin – Suspiria
Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells
Carl Orff – O Fortuna Misheard Lyrics
Fantômas – The Omen (Ave Satani)
The Ghastly Ones – Haulin’ Hearse
The Radiacs – She’s My Witch
Bobby Please – The Monster