An electrical lineman has died after he came into contact with live wires while working on a job in Winnebago County, Ill.
According to the Dane County Medical Examiner’s Office, Evan Hopperstad, 30, of Capron, Ill., was electrocuted at 11:46 a.m. Monday while working around charged electrical wires.
He was flown to a local hospital in Illinois and died at the hospital on Tuesday.
An autopsy by the Dane County Medical Examiner’s Office on Wednesday found that Hopperstad’s death was the result of accidental electrocution.
Local authorities in Illinois and Wisconsin and the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration continue to investigate his death.