The state Building Commission on Wednesday approved a number of projects on Wednesday, including a few construction and renovation projects for various University of Wisconsin System campuses.
The projects included:
- A $35 million residence hall at UW-Eau Claire;
- the Lubar Center for Entrepreneurship at UW-Milwaukee;
- a renovation of North Hall, Price Commons and Bowman Hall at UW-Stout;
- a fire-alarm-system replacement at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King; and
- various other maintenance and repair projects around the state.
The Building Commission is made up of three state senators, three state representatives and a citizen member, and its chairman is Gov. Scott Walker.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” Walker said in a statement.