MILWAUKEE (AP) — An appearance by Vice President Mike Pence in Milwaukee to tout federal tax cuts netted a standing ovation for one guest — a top Foxconn executive.
Louis Woo, an executive at Foxconn Technology Group, praised the Republican tax overhaul at the forum Wednesday and promised news soon on the company’s plans to build a $10 billion flat-screen plant in Mount Pleasant.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Woo told the crowd that in the next few days, they will hear “the actual news that the construction in Racine County will begin.”
Woo also praised Republican Gov. Scott Walker for putting together the deal to bring the Taiwan-based manufacturer to Wisconsin.
He said, “There’s only one reason why we’re here: Governor Walker.”
More Foxconn Wisconsin News
- Bids roll in for $140M of WisDOT work in monthly letting
- Foxconn Mount Pleasant’s largest taxpayer with payment
- Industry expects strong 2020 despite ongoing labor shortage
- View from around the state: Foxconn tax credits shouldn’t be held hostage
- Evers: Foxconn could still qualify for credits