The village of Mount Pleasant announced this week that it would hold the first in a series of monthly briefings on Monday about Foxconn Technology Group’s $10 billion factory.
Work is already underway on the factory. The company recently announced 28 contractors who will perform about $100 million worth of work to prepare the site for construction.
The meetings will be held on the third Monday of each month from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Ebe Auditorium in the Mount Pleasant Village Hall, 8811 Campus Drive. The first of these meetings is on Monday, when village and project officials will take questions and deliver the latest news about the massive development project.
“We value open dialogue and transparency,” said Claude Lois, project director for the Village of Mount Pleasant. “It has always been our intention to host regular public briefing meetings, now that work is underway, it is the right time.”Follow @natebeck9
More Foxconn Wisconsin News
- Utility buys Wisconsin land for substation to power Foxconn (UPDATE)
- Foxconn putting $30 million into water-recycling system
- Racine starts $1.5M worker training program as building blitz looms
- Baldwin bill would direct cash to worker training programs (VIDEO)
- Time to quit it with the ‘Let’s kill the Foxconn deal’ rhetoric