The village of Mount Pleasant announced this week that it would hold the first in a series of monthly briefings on Monday about Foxconn Technology Group’s $10 billion factory.
Work is already underway on the factory. The company recently announced 28 contractors who will perform about $100 million worth of work to prepare the site for construction.
The meetings will be held on the third Monday of each month from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Ebe Auditorium in the Mount Pleasant Village Hall, 8811 Campus Drive. The first of these meetings is on Monday, when village and project officials will take questions and deliver the latest news about the massive development project.
“We value open dialogue and transparency,” said Claude Lois, project director for the Village of Mount Pleasant. “It has always been our intention to host regular public briefing meetings, now that work is underway, it is the right time.”Follow @natebeck9
More Foxconn Wisconsin News
- Foxconn files plans for globe-shaped building, data center in Mount Pleasant
- TOPPING IT OFF: Crews putting roof on Foxconn factory
- Foxconn announces training program for students
- Foxconn awards $83M to build out manufacturing building
- Mortenson seeking subcontractors for new Foxconn project