The Wisconsin Department of Transportation announced 14 subcontractors that will be working under Brownsville’s Michels Corp. on $168.8 million worth of road work on Interstate 94.
Michels Corp. out-bid Chicago-based Walsh Construction and Wiscon Valley Constructors, a company registered to Waukesha-based Payne & Dolan, to win work on the project in late May.
Of the 14 subcontractors that will work under Michels on the project, 12 are based in Wisconsin and four are certified as Disadvantaged Business Enterprise businesses. Work rebuilding the northbound lanes of I-94 will start on Friday.
Here are the companies that will be working on the project and the types of work they will be doing:
- Arbor Green, Portage, installing signs and guardrails
- Arrow-Crete Construction, Milwaukee, concrete work
- Century Fence Company, Pewaukee, pavement marking
- Con-Cor Company, Menomonee Falls, sawing concrete and asphalt
- Diversified Infrastructure Services, Fond Du Lac, surveying
- Hoffman Construction, Black River Falls, earthwork, storm-sewer work and structure and roadway removals
- Homer Tree Service, Lockport, Illinois, clearing and grubbing
- Lunda Construction, Black River Falls, work on concrete bridges
- Mega Rentals, Madison, traffic-control and pavement marking
- Pavement Maintenance, Menomonee Falls, road sweeping
- Payne & Dolan, Waukesha, asphalt paving
- Pro Electric, Franksville, installing traffic-management systems
- Surface Preparation Technologies, of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, installing rumble strips
- Twin Lakes Transit, Eden, trucking