Foxconn Technology Group has awarded $14 million worth of work to eight contractors, which will now be charged with putting up the first building at the company’s planned manufacturing complex in Mount Pleasant.
Work on the 120,000 square-foot building is scheduled to begin in August and wrap up by December. The job follows on the $100 million worth of site work that was awarded in late April awarded to 26 companies from Wisconsin and one from Illinois.
Foxconn’s first building at its $10 billion factory complex will have offices for contractors working on the rest of the plant, as well as research and development space. Foxconn began accepting bids for the work in May.
Of the eight companies to win work on the job, six have their headquarters in Wisconsin. Here’s a rundown of the companies that will be working on Foxconn’s first building and the sorts of work they will be providing:
- Otis Elevator Co., Farmington, Connecticut, elevator installation
- Superior Masonry Builders, Butler, concrete work
- Bright View Landscape Services, Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, landscaping
- Spancrete Industries, Waukesha, precast work
- Total Mechanical, Pewaukee, mechanical, plumbing and fire protection
- Merrill Steel, Schofield, providing structural steel and miscellaneous metals
- The Boldt Company, Appleton, architectural work
- Pieper Electric, New Berlin, electrical work
More Foxconn Wisconsin News
- Foxconn construction jobs rise to 854 in 2018, company misses hiring goal
- Evers pledges to leave WEDC alone, seeks more transparency from Foxconn project
- YEAR IN REVIEW: Foxconn, election, building boom make 2018 one for the history books
- View from around the state: Foxconn in Mount Pleasant is more than a ‘tiny town’ story
- New Year, new cheer: Flurry of projects will continue to reshape landscapes in 2019