Eden-based Guelig Waste Removal and Demolition will tear down buildings to make way for Foxconn Technology Group’s factory, under a deal approved by the Mount Pleasant Village Board on Monday.
Guelig was the lone bidder on the job, offering $366,665 to demolish buildings along County Highway H, from Highway 11 to County Highway KR in Racine County.
Guelig has won two other bids, worth $378,300, for demolition work near the Foxconn site. The company will perform that work with three other subcontractors out of Wisconsin.
“We are excited to continue our work with the village of Mount Pleasant,” Bob Guelig, Owner of Guelig Waste Removal and Demolition, said in a statement. “That a small, Wisconsin business is growing because of the Foxconn project is a testament to the statewide impact of this project.”Follow @natebeck9
More Foxconn Wisconsin News
- What are they building in there? Foxconn job survey provides some clues and may affect whether company gets tax credits
- WEDC evaluating audit on Foxconn; judgment of tax credits to come later this year
- In July letting, Zignego has $43.9M low bid for roadwork near Foxconn site
- Report finds Mount Pleasant on sound footing despite Foxconn’s shortfalls
- State deems work on I-94 north-south project ‘substantially complete’