The Union Grove contractor Willkomm Excavating & Grading is the low bidder on the latest contract let as part of a massive reconstruction of Racine County’s sewer and water system to accommodate massive factory Foxconn Technology Group is building in Mount Pleasant.
Willkomm beat out seven other companies on Thursday with its low bid of $407,789 for water-main alterations along County Highway H in Racine County. Despite stiff competition, Willkomm’s bid still came in higher than the utility’s estimate cost for the work: $300,000.
The Racine Water and Wastewater Utility has bid out a number of jobs in recent weeks as part of a $120 million plan to improve the county’s water and sewer system in advance of the Foxconn project, which is expected to pull millions of gallons of water a day from Lake Michigan.
Some $40 million worth of water utility projects are already underway as crews rebuild roads near the Foxconn factory. Water utility projects are starting near the factory and working eastward in keeping with a construction schedule set by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
<h3>More Foxconn Wisconsin News</h3>
- Mortenson seeking subcontractors for new Foxconn project
- Foxconn plans another manufacturing building in Mount Pleasant
- UW-Madison: Foxconn slow to fulfill $100M pledge for engineering, innovation research
- Foxconn executive steps away from Wisconsin project
- Owners near Foxconn say they were misled. Now their homes are gone