Recent Articles from Melody Finnemore
Stephanie Thomsen joined the Walbec Group in 2019 following 14 years at an engineering consulting firm where she served municipal and transportation clients as a project engineer and project manager.
Raised in a family of union ironworkers, Mel Langlais had an opportunity to live in different countries where her father built sites for Olympics competitions.
Sarah Dunn began her career with CG Schmidt 12 years ago as the business development manager and, in 2019, became its first female executive.
As the first female to be named executive director of the Building Trades Council of South Central Wisconsin, Jac Weitzel is a pioneer in the state’s construction industry.
Sam Potts, who has had a lifelong interest in building things, started at JP Cullen as an intern in January 2013.
A fifth-generation owner of JP Cullen, Laura Cullen oversees its 500-plus employees’ training and development, recruitment and performance training.
With a mom who was the first woman in the Connecticut plumber’s union and a dad who was a concrete finisher, Kelley Shawchuk knew early on that she wanted to work in construction.
Michele Cartwright had a journalism background but wanted a change, so she started working as a painting estimator and project manager for her uncle.
Nicole Howland started more than 20 years ago as a receptionist for Wellenstein & Sons.
Theresa Weinert’s fear of electricity as a child made her want to learn about it and led to her career path.
Kristen Quinn has fond memories of helping with daily chores on her grandfather’s farm, where she grew used to working outside and being around equipment.
Since starting her career as an accounting assistant at Corporate Contractors Inc. more than 25 years ago, Tonya Waldsmith has worked as its comptroller, HR specialist, accountant, senior accountant, and project and safety coordinator.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)