Recent Articles from Michaela Paukner
Although Alaina Cartagena, plumbing estimating manager at J.M. Brennan, had no relatives in construction before starting her career, she found a role model at home who shaped her work habits and approach to problem-solving on job sites.
The proudest moments in Victoria Navarro’s career as regional director of planning, design and construction at Advocate Aurora Health haven’t only involved the completion of multimillion-dollar buildings.
The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that a railroad company should be held responsible for paying for the cleanup of contamination in a park on Lake Superior.
Victoria Navarro, regional director of planning, design and construction at Advocate Aurora Health, is working to reinvent the construction industry.
Anyone who lives or works in Milwaukee has likely benefited from the work of Dewey Hemba, senior structural engineer and principal at GRAEF.
Jason Fischl’s U.S. Army service has served him and U.S. Vet General Contracting’s clients exceptionally well.
The unmatched work habits and knowledge displayed by Jerry Bush, general superintendent and safety manager at U.S. Vet General Contracting, make him a leader at his employer and in construction.
With a $1 billion portfolio in successfully led and completed construction projects, Tom Baade may seem motivated simply by his desire to see new buildings go up.
Despite the worldwide pandemic, 2020 was the second-safest year ever in Mortenson’s 75-year history.
Kyle Schultz is always looking for ways to make work on the jobsite safer and more efficient.
State officials are suing a central Wisconsin company that abruptly closed in 2019 for unpaid wages and benefits totaling nearly $683,000.
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- Dane County pledges $1.5M boost Madison homeless shelter
- Construction jobs rise in 45 states over last 12 months
- Matt Moroney steps up as CEO of Wangard Partners
- The trade labor shortage is nothing new, but its impacts are
- Wauwatosa gains $1M for affordable housing through Barrett Lo redevelopment deal
- $700M Brewers stadium overhaul proposal comes with new contracting language
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)