Nearly 27 years ago, Kim Lobdell sat behind her desk at KL Engineering for the first time, alone in the office and the sole employee of the Fitchburg company she had just started.
Jim Parks knew when he started getting knots in his stomach on Sunday afternoons from just thinking about the coming workweek that being a lawyer was not for him.
The saying “timing is everything” could have been originally written about Stacie Kalmer and the way she ended up with a successful employee benefits practice at Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren.
Jim Hoffman sometimes wonders what his grandfather would think of their family run road construction business today.
Standing on the 55th floor of the partially completed John Hancock Center in Chicago, the 14-year-old Stephen Perry Smith didn’t know he one day would be designing similar buildings.
The third day of class on the Harvard University campus in 2005 stands out as a turning point for Stewart Wangard.
Craig Nero remembers tearing up the hate mail.
John Gardner, a partner at DeWitt, Ross & Stevens in Madison, rarely has a dull day.
Teaching wasn’t Patrick O’Neill’s first love. The Oshkosh native got into remodeling and landscape work right after high school and eventually took a job at Appleton-based RJ Kampo Plumbing and Heating Inc., a company his wife’s cousin owned.
If Jim Wagner’s day-to-day work seems familiar to him, there’s a good reason: It’s the same type of accounting for privately held contractors he did more than 40 years ago.
Two of the most significant moments in Mike Coakley’s career stem from his father.
Dave Washebek can confidently say that when he starts a job, he sticks with it.
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- Dane County pledges $1.5M boost Madison homeless shelter
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)