ABC named its Craft Professional of the Year at an event recognizing apprentices' achievements.
Plumbers’ union showcases state-of-the-art apprentice training center, a cut above as state apprenticeships grow
As trade apprenticeships rise in Wisconsin, some unions offer more intense and higher level training.
Construction confidence was the lowest it's been since August of 2022, the latest Construction Backlog Indicator showed.
Panelists discussed the latest in safety for coronavirus, mental health and changing technology.
A first-place apprentice will be awarded by a U.S. Congressman before going to a national championship in Florida.
The Associated Builders and Contractors of WIsconsin spent the most time and money influencing the Legislature in the 2021-22 session.
ABC of Wisconsin will host its apprentices skills competition in West Bend on Friday.
Several construction materials costs and input prices fell for the first time in the last few weeks.
ABC reported 28,000 more net jobs added to the construction industry in December in their latest analysis.
Wisconsin construction industry insiders commented at a public hearing for a proposed rule requiring a portion of builders’ workforce to be made of apprentices when tackling certain projects.
Construction in 2023 will be marked with lingering inflation linked with strong demand and growth, economist Anirban Basu said in a Construction Executive webinar.
ABC Chief Economist Anirban Basu will present an economic update and forecast for construction leaders online in December.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)