A total of 64 applicants made entries to AIA Wisconsin's Design Awards program.
Legislation intended to give interior designers authority to sign off on plans for some projects is drawing the ire of architects who fear it could blur the line between the two professions.
Bill Babcock and his wife, Barbara, were vacationing in Wisconsin in August 1976 when their car broke down outside Madison. They took it to a dealership, and while the car was being worked on, they explored the city and fell in love with it.
William Babcock, executive director of the American Institute of Architects Wisconsin, has announced plans to step down in 2020.
By Jack Zemlicka Four people suing the U.S. Green Building Council in federal court claim the group’s green building accreditation for professionals is nothing more than a deceptive marketing tool […]
By James Briggs Architects, by nature, excel at design. But as new construction has slowed, some have turned to drafting logos and websites instead of buildings. The transition has come […]
By Paul Snyder A looming change in state licensing-exam requirements for architects may wipe out the value of Wisconsin colleges’ two-year architecture-training programs. The rule change would be “a step […]
- $700M Brewers stadium overhaul proposal comes with new contracting language
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- Biden uses executive power to create a New Deal-style American Climate Corps
- Wisconsin’s starting fixed fee for engineering services gets a bump
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Caroline Heights Apartments turns historic structures into living space
- Wauwatosa Common Council greenlights $400M Barrett Lo apartments at Mayfair Mall
- Kenosha Common Council unanimously passes contractor requirements for public bids
- Old church finds new purpose as St. John’s Lutheran Church converts to affordable housing
- Indoor farms are shutting down as their businesses struggle. So why are more being built?
- Low Mississippi River limits barge traffic
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Wisconsin contractors urge Kenosha council to delay vote over bidding ordinance
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)