A state senator is crying foul over roughly $33 million in cost overruns on two University of Wisconsin System buildings projects.
Wisconsin contractors will stay busy in 2016. Here are some of the biggest projects worth following.
As Gov. Scott Walker pledged would happen, plans to build an addition to a prominent UW-Madison dairy building are moving forward despite lawmakers’ recent sparring over the state’s level of construction debt.
Even before Gov. Scott Walker has formally introduced a budget proposal that would set aside millions for an arts center in Eau Claire, lawmakers are asking why one part of the state should benefit over others.
Gov. Scott Walker’s administration officials are facing concerns that his building plans follow the letter but not intent of a goal to cut $250 million from construction borrowing.
Gov. Scott Walker on Wednesday guaranteed that two University of Wisconsin projects will be spared from an expected $250 million cut from the state’s construction budget.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s historic Babcock Hall Dairy Plant took a step closer to a $31.9 million upgrade Thursday.
- Northwestern Mutual’s $500M overhaul a boon for Milwaukee residents
- BUILDING BLOCKS: University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh Clow Social Science Center renovation
- Madison takes center stage in the world of highway safety
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee Plan Commission approves shorter, denser New Land apartments
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)