The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors voted to contribute more than $2.3 million to three affordable housing projects through 0 percent interest deferred loans.
Despite concerns about implementation from at least one member, the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution and ordinance that will guide future sales of county-owned land.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors on Thursday unanimously approved allowing the county to begin negotiations with MRH West LLC, Milwaukee, which has proposed building an extended-stay hotel at the Park East property in downtown Milwaukee.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele’s recommended budget, presented to the Board of Supervisors on Thursday, would not include a property tax increase, a plan the board chairwoman calls “overly simplistic and short-sighted.”
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors approved $685,500 in land sales at its meeting Thursday.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele announced his support on Wednesday for The Couture, a combined hotel and apartment building proposed by Milwaukee developer Rick Barrett for the Downtown Transit Center site at 909 E. Michigan Ave., Milwaukee.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors approved Wangard Partners Inc., Milwaukee, as a partner in a development group seeking to break ground in September on a mixed-use project on Park East land.
An effort to give $150,000 to the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center failed to pass by a vote during Thursday’s Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors meeting.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors approved the reappointment of Patrick Farley as director of the Department of Administrative Services in a 14 to 4 vote on Thursday morning.
A county committee’s decision to let Wangard Partners Inc. team up on a Park East project left county and construction union representatives predicting a quicker development pace on the Milwaukee property.
The Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors Intergovernmental Relations Committee decided 6 to 1 Monday to postpone a vote on whether to reaffirm the county’s position on a 2008 referendum question.
By James Briggs Another Wisconsin rail proposal is dead, forcing millions of dollars to return to various senders as a public transit board begins to dissolve. The Southeastern Regional Transit […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)