1. AMOUNT: $54,452,000 AWARDED TO: C.D. Smith Construction, Inc., Fond du Lac PROJECT: General Prime Contractor Bidders, Albertson Hall Replacement, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point 2. AMOUNT: $1,937,778 AWARDED […]
A plan for a $450 million mixed-use development across nine blocks in Kenosha's downtown won early approval from a city plan committee.
Construction teams from Gilbane and C.D. Smith will begin to enclose the Wisconsin Center expansion building.
Construction crews placed a 110-foot skywalk between the Wisconsin Center expansion project and the Hyatt Regency in downtown Milwaukee.
Wisconsin Center needs another $20 million for expansion project, with inflation and supply shortages to blame
The Wisconsin Center’s board said Friday it needed to borrow an additional $20 million to cover a budget shortfall, and officials said inflation and supply chain problems have driven up costs as the center expands, according to a report.
Fond du Lac's C.D. Smith Construction is the low-bidder with a $9.3 million offer on a project to upgrade ventilation at the Milwaukee Secure Detention Facility.
The Wisconsin Center District is seeking subcontractors to work on the organization's $420 million build-out of the expo center in downtown Milwaukee.
An intense rain storm in May has led the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra to delay the opening of the $139 million Bradley Symphony Center until January 2021, the organization announced Monday.
When the developer Ann Pieper Eisenbrown decided to use specially treated lumber, instead of steel and concrete, for her new apartment building in Milwaukee's Walker's Point neighborhood, she was mostly thinking about the environment.
Wisconsin Center District officials released plans on Friday for the long-proposed expansion of the downtown Milwaukee convention center, a project that could create more than 1,000 construction jobs and cost as much as $425 million.
The Wisconsin Center District board has picked the contractors Gilbane Construction and C.D. Smith to manage a $300 million overhaul of the downtown Milwaukee convention center.
Miron Construction was the low-bidder for a contract to expand and renovate the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s chemistry building.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)