Milwaukee officials approve Northwestern Mutual request to vacate Cass Street, part of $500 million project
Northwestern Mutual wants to take ownership over part of Cass Street and build a public terrace.
The study targets Brady Street between two intersections where all car accidents happened for four years.
Transportation plans showed removing the freeway spur would free up around 18 acres of developable land.
Assembly Bill 245, signed into law by Gov. Tony Evers, included provisions such as eliminating preferential contracting and local regulations on nighttime quarry operations.
A city of Milwaukee spokesperson said the current residential preference program wouldn't be affected by the Legislature's budget bill.
A plan to prevent Milwaukee from going bankrupt, struck between Republican lawmakers, leaders in the heavily Democratic city and Gov. Tony Evers, was up for approval Wednesday in the Wisconsin Legislature.
The city made a request for proposals for a parcel along the East-West Bus Rapid Transit line and a future streetcar stop.
The company will occupy the 19th and 20th floor of the Two-Fifty Building on East Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Milwaukee.
No one was hurt when the southern wall of a building crews were demolishing fell into the westbound lane of McKinley Avenue.
Crews started to knock down the second of three buildings to make way for Milwaukee Public Museum's new facility.
Johnson's signature kicked off funding for construction of Vel R. Phillips Plaza to honor the attorney, activist and jurist.
Milwaukee's plans for downtown include redeveloping the Marcus Center parking lot, extending the streetcar and eventually the full removal of the Interstate 794 Lake Interchange.
- Youth apprenticeships and new industries helped drive Wisconsin apprenticeships to record numbers
- EPA offers $2B to develop clean energy in disadvantaged communities
- Prices rise, but mass timber’s appeal remains
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Keller Inc. head of Switchgear Power Systems expansion
- Wisconsin bill wants to expand refunds and awards for youth and registered apprentices
- Plans for parking structure would ease pressure on Milwaukee timber tower
- Milwaukee airport concourse roof project will get $5.1M from feds
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee wants to join an EPA initiative to replace lead service lines
- Evers vetoes $2 billion tax cut, calls Republican plan ‘completely unserious’
- Nevada judge dismisses tribe’s lawsuit over contested lithium mine
- Energy Department tries to boost US battery industry with another $3.5 billion in funding
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)