Milwaukee officials discussed plans on Monday for the next phase of an apartment development on the riverfront, while developers asked for more units for their next building phase.
The project includes pedestrian safety measures like high visibility crosswalks, bump outs and replacements for sidewalks and curb ramps.
A judge has ruled the Northridge Mall will be torn down, ensuring a victory for Milwaukee after a legal battle that took three years.
Milwaukee is getting millions in a federal grant to build infrastructure and develop land in the Menomonee Valley under Interstate 43, the city announced on Wednesday.
A group of Milwaukee residents announced on Monday they dropped their lawsuit against the City of Milwaukee to stop development for a 55-unit apartment building in the Upper East Side neighborhood.
President Joe Biden plans to travel to the battleground states of Wisconsin and Pennsylvania on Labor Day, about two months before the election.
Milwaukee appeals against former Columbia Hospital demolition as university prepares to tear down building
The City of Milwaukee filed an appeal to keep the original Columbia Hospital from being torn down as the state university system began the demolition process.
The City of Milwaukee said the owners of the former Northridge Mall violated their agreement to maintain and secure the property after performing a walkthrough inspection.
Wisconsin Center needs another $20 million for expansion project, with inflation and supply shortages to blame
The Wisconsin Center’s board said Friday it needed to borrow an additional $20 million to cover a budget shortfall, and officials said inflation and supply chain problems have driven up costs as the center expands, according to a report.
The city of Milwaukee announced it secured state funds for an extension to the Riverwalk on Wednesday, pushing forth plans to expand and improve the walk for pedestrians near the water.
Republicans on Friday chose Milwaukee in swing state Wisconsin to host the 2024 national convention, beating out Nashville in deep-red Tennessee.
Nashville's metro council has dealt a likely final blow to proponents of bringing the 2024 Republican National Convention to the city, leaving Milwaukee as the almost-certain winner to host the GOP's biggest party.
- Youth apprenticeships and new industries helped drive Wisconsin apprenticeships to record numbers
- EPA offers $2B to develop clean energy in disadvantaged communities
- Prices rise, but mass timber’s appeal remains
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Keller Inc. head of Switchgear Power Systems expansion
- Wisconsin bill wants to expand refunds and awards for youth and registered apprentices
- Plans for parking structure would ease pressure on Milwaukee timber tower
- Milwaukee airport concourse roof project will get $5.1M from feds
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee wants to join an EPA initiative to replace lead service lines
- Evers vetoes $2 billion tax cut, calls Republican plan ‘completely unserious’
- Nevada judge dismisses tribe’s lawsuit over contested lithium mine
- Energy Department tries to boost US battery industry with another $3.5 billion in funding
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)