Gov. Scott Walker wants his state to modernize the way it delivers its largest construction projects, but he’s not in a rush to achieve such a goal.
As a state senator prepares to unveil legislation that dramatically could change how Wisconsin delivers its construction projects, the Building Commission's vice chairman is calling on a state agency to quickly follow suit.
The state Building Commission approved two requests for single-prime bidding on construction projects Wednesday as a commission leader stressed a need to solve the state’s project delivery dilemma.
The University of Wisconsin System can use construction-manager-at-risk for its Memorial Union theater project, but the bid opening must be transparent.
Fear of losing contract transparency is driving skepticism over a bill that would give the state more freedom to choose how it awards and delivers projects.
Construction lobbyists are looking forward to a quieter state Capitol that doesn't force them to push their agendas to the drumbeat rhythm of a guy pounding a 5-gallon pail.
By James Briggs The state Building Commission on Thursday placed on hold a request from the University of Wisconsin System to use the construction-manager-at-risk project delivery method. The move could […]
By James Briggs The construction-manager-at-risk project delivery method is facing renewed scrutiny after state approval of a waiver for the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The state Building Commission granted the waiver […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)