A bill introduced last week in the Legislature would set requirements for the use of design-build on Wisconsin road projects roughly half a year the state budget began permitting the use of the delivery method in this state.
Bid rigging is a fraudulent scheme in which competing parties collude to corrupt procurement procedures.
A newly proposed ordinance in Milwaukee would give a bidding edge to city contractors who hire felons, help workers earn high school diplomas, or provide other "socially responsible" employee incentives.
When voters went to the polls on Tuesday and approved more than $500 million worth of school-construction projects, most no doubt believed school officials would have to let the work out to the lowest bidders.
A bill that would double the threshold determining when public projects must be put out to bid received the backing of a State Senate committee on Thursday. Specifically, the legislation would […]
As lawmakers prepare to vote on a bill that would both increase the thresholds that determine when public projects must be put out to bid and subject school districts to the state’s competitive-bidding […]
With the state's next budget nearly a month past its original due date, three projects related to the massive Zoo Interchange reconstruction were withdrawn Wednesday from the WisDOT's list of bid lettings for August.
The backers of a bill that would both increase the threshold for bids needing to go out for competitive bidding and add school districts to the units of government that need to follow […]
Although he has risen to an esteemed role in public education, Reed Welsh would be a poor choice to teach students about a government’s responsibility to taxpayers.
Competitive bidding requirements on a joint county-municipal highway project should not be enforced in a county with a county executive, according to a formal opinion issued by Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen on Wednesday.
By Brian Johnson Dolan Media Minneapolis — How much would it really cost to prep roads in Arden Hills for a proposed Vikings stadium? The numbers widely vary depending on […]
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)