NABTU President Sean McGarvey gave a shout out to WRTP | Big Step and empowHER for expanding workforce resources across Wisconsin.
ABC named its Craft Professional of the Year at an event recognizing apprentices' achievements.
Construction companies have recently started embracing more young people and more youth apprenticeships, a state workforce development official said.
The state's director for apprenticeship standards said the signatures were the start of new career pathways for high school and post high school students.
New job pathways in the construction field are possible for Wisconsin’s youth after Gov. Tony Evers announced on Monday additions to apprenticeship offerings for high school student workers.
The Department of Workforce Development has named David Polk to serve as director of the agency's Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards.
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)