A total of 21 municipalities got state funding for public improvement projects.
Lakefront Brewery leads charge for sustainable brewing, asks state for electric vehicle infrastructure
DOA Secretary-Designee Kathy Blumenfeld toured Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee as part of a review of Gov. Tony Evers' Clean Energy Plan.
Wisconsin construction industry insiders commented at a public hearing for a proposed rule requiring a portion of builders’ workforce to be made of apprentices when tackling certain projects.
A proposed rule would require contractors to ensure at least one in 10 of their workers are participating in an apprenticeship program when working on state construction projects worth more than $25 million, according to a proposal written in late September.
State officials have picked Engberg Anderson Architects and Houston-based Shepley Bulfinch to design a $96.3 million technology center for the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
Scott Neitzel compares leading the Wisconsin Department of Administration to a relay race: He ran as hard as he could for as long as he could.
Legislation that could make approvals of state building projects easier is on its way to becoming law.
Gov. Scott Walker’s office announced Monday that it awarded $16.9 million worth of grants to 34 local governments for infrastructure projects.
Building trades workers employed by the state might be paying twice for pension benefits, a union representative is contending, because of the 2011 law that eliminated the bulk of their collective bargaining rights.
Michael Heifetz has been named as Gov. Scott Walker's budget director.
A key legislator is asking state and University of Wisconsin-Madison officials to review the process through which a subcontractor was selected to build a new scoreboard and sound system at Camp Randall Stadium, to see whether the jobs should be rebid.
The Wisconsin Department of Administration is asking the State Building Commission for $478,700 in general fund-supported borrowing for kitchen renovations at the governor's mansion.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)