The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District has tapped Terra Engineering & Construction Corp. to demolish the Estabrook Dam. The Madison-based contractor submitted a low bid this fall to perform the demolition […]
Politics be damned, contractors are jumping at the chance to tear down the Estrabrook Dam. The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District on Tuesday opened bids it had received for the demolition […]
Milwaukee County officials say they still have unanswered questions concerning plans to demolish and remove Estabrook Dam and are calling for the state to require an environmental review of the project.
Milwaukee leaders have spoken: It’s time to answer this dam question.
The Estabrook Dam is a non-functioning eyesore, it's expensive to maintain and it's damaging the Milwaukee River.
Even though the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors has squashed a veto by County Executive Chris Abele and plans to move ahead with a repair of the Estabrook Dam, the debate over the structure's future rages on.
A Milwaukee County Circuit Court judge said Wednesday he will decide by the end of next week whether to enforce specific repair deadlines on the Estabrook Dam.
A final timeline to repair the Milwaukee County-owned Estabrook Dam should be in place within about two weeks.
The state Department of Natural Resources will spend $3.5 million the next two years on 15 dam construction projects, according to a news release from the DNR.
By Joe Lanane Milwaukee County risks opening the tap on public spending if it stems the free flow of water through the damaged Estabrook Dam in Glendale, according to a […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)