Three Wisconsin lawmakers want to revisit the state's iron mining laws after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers declined the state's request to work with the state toward permits for Gogebic Taconite's potential mine near Mellen.
A company looking to build a huge iron mine near Mellen is planning a second round of personal meetings with the public to explain its plans.
A company looking to dig a huge open-pit iron mine near Mellen has asked state regulators for another exploratory drilling license.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers says it won't work with the state to develop an environmental impact statement for Gogebic Taconite's potential iron mine near Mellen.
Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that would restrict public access to a potential iron mine site in northern Wisconsin.
A company looking to dig a huge iron mine near Lake Superior has submitted a storm water permit application to state regulators.
Public access to a proposed iron ore mine site in northern Wisconsin would be restricted under a bill headed to Gov. Scott Walker for his consideration.
The state Department of Natural Resources says asbestos mineral fibers have been found in a rock sample from the proposed iron ore mine site in northern Wisconsin.
A bipartisan group of lawmakers is developing an alternative to barring the public from 3,500 acres of state-managed forest around a proposed iron mine site in northern Wisconsin.
The author of a bill that would restrict public access to a northern Wisconsin mine site says he doesn't have the votes to pass it right now.
A legislative committee has approved a Republican bill that would close thousands of acres around a potential mine site in far northern Wisconsin.
Legislators are set to listen to the public sound off on a plan to close the woods around a mine site in far northern Wisconsin.
- Youth apprenticeships and new industries helped drive Wisconsin apprenticeships to record numbers
- EPA offers $2B to develop clean energy in disadvantaged communities
- Prices rise, but mass timber’s appeal remains
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Keller Inc. head of Switchgear Power Systems expansion
- Wisconsin bill wants to expand refunds and awards for youth and registered apprentices
- Plans for parking structure would ease pressure on Milwaukee timber tower
- Milwaukee airport concourse roof project will get $5.1M from feds
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee wants to join an EPA initiative to replace lead service lines
- Evers vetoes $2 billion tax cut, calls Republican plan ‘completely unserious’
- Nevada judge dismisses tribe’s lawsuit over contested lithium mine
- Energy Department tries to boost US battery industry with another $3.5 billion in funding
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)