The housing market slump deepened in November as sales of previously occupied U.S. homes slowed for the 10th consecutive month — the longest such stretch on records going back to 1999.
An Iowa agency wants to use inmates to build at least 100 homes a year for low-income residents throughout the state.
Lennar is buying CalAtlantic Group in a $5.7 billion deal that will create the nation's largest homebuilder as sales of new homes reach levels not seen in a decade.
Even though a homebuilder used his own company to put up a house that burnt in a fire while he and his family were living there, a court has ruled that he cannot collect on his business's risk-insurance policy but rather only his homeowner's policy.
Toll Brothers says its fiscal fourth-quarter net income soared, helped by a large income tax benefit and a 48 percent rise in revenue. The luxury homebuilder delivered more homes and its order backlog increased.
Waukesha-based Tim O’Brien Homes Inc. is expanding its operations to the west.
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. (AP) — PulteGroup Inc.’s third quarter loss narrowed on lower charges and a higher tax benefit, and its revenue grew. The homebuilder said Thursday that it was […]
By Alan Zibel AP Real Estate Writer Washington (AP) — Homebuilders are losing confidence in the housing market now that government incentives that spurred home sales have ended. The National […]
By Greg LaRose Dolan Media Newswires New Orleans — Slidell homebuilder Chris Kornman says his business is in limbo while one trial against a manufacturer of tainted drywall unfolds in […]
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. (AP) — Pulte Homes, the nation’s largest homebuilder, says founder William J. Pulte will retire from the company, and its board, at the end of March after […]
By ALEX VEIGA AP Real Estate Writer LOS ANGELES (AP) — KB Home capped its fiscal year with the first quarterly profit since 2007, thanks to a change in federal […]
HORSHAM, Pa., (AP) — Toll Brothers Inc. lost $111.4 million in the fiscal fourth quarter, but the luxury homebuilder is seeing signs of a turnaround in the housing market. The […]
- Northwestern Mutual’s $500M overhaul a boon for Milwaukee residents
- BUILDING BLOCKS: University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh Clow Social Science Center renovation
- Madison takes center stage in the world of highway safety
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee Plan Commission approves shorter, denser New Land apartments
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)