The proposal to update Wisconsin's building code to the 2021 International Code Council was rejected by a state senate committee.
Contractors cite cost increases with new state building code, but HVAC engineers say it will save money
State officials are poised to adopt 2021 International Building Code. Wisconsin uses the 2015 international code.
Three Wisconsin construction companies among fastest growing in U.S., according to Inc.’s 5000 list this year
Three Wisconsin construction firms were among the fastest-growing companies in the state, according to Inc. Magazine's 2022 list of 5,000 fastest-growing companies across the U.S. released on Tuesday.
Brookfield-based CornerStone One has expanded its commercial portfolio to include HVAC operations with the acquisition of W.H. Jacklin Inc., Milwaukee.
It’s no longer good enough to put up “smart” buildings. Experts in cyber security say buildings that have automated systems to control room temperatures, ventilation and other environmental conditions must also be "cyber" smart in order to be safe from hacking.
Fire officials in Chippewa County say a furnace had been installed in a house under construction just hours before an explosion destroyed the structure.
Johnson Controls said Monday that it is reorganizing its building efficiency business to drive growth.
A federal judge upheld the tossing of a years-long lawsuit Friday that pitted a Stoughton-based company against a standard-setting heating and air-conditioning organization.
Johnson Controls, which makes both automotive and building systems, said Wednesday that it's buying Air Distribution Technologies from the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for about $1.6 billion.
Milwaukee Central Library representatives predict the air-handling units in the building’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system should last about 30 years.
Investigations into Minneapolis-based Target Corp.’s massive data breach are ongoing, but a recent report by security reporter Brian Krebs highlights the potential role of one of the retailer’s subcontractors, Fazio Mechanical Services, an HVAC company that provides heating and ventilation services.
Jake Anderson (left) and Jake Olson, both employees of Butters-Fetting Co. Inc., Milwaukee, install HVAC ducting Dec. 2 at Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Milwaukee.
- Northwestern Mutual’s $500M overhaul a boon for Milwaukee residents
- BUILDING BLOCKS: University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh Clow Social Science Center renovation
- Madison takes center stage in the world of highway safety
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Milwaukee Plan Commission approves shorter, denser New Land apartments
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)