State officials marked the completion of a $1.1 billion, 45-mile reconstruction of Interstate 39/90 during an event in Janesville on Wednesday.
The National Transportation Safety Board has opened an investigation into the chain-reaction crash that killed four people and injured several others on Interstate 39/90 near Lodi last week.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation Secretary Craig Thompson said the state's coronavirus lockdown has cost the agency about $80 million in transportation revenue this spring, setting up tough choices for how to pay for roads in the years to come.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation this week awarded about $55 million in work as part of its December bid letting, bringing the total for this round of contracts to $125 million.
A subcontractor is suing an Illinois trucking company for backing out of four road projects along Interstate 39/90 in late 2018, forcing the company to hire costlier replacement contractors to fill in.
Gov. Scott Walker says work along Interstate 39/90 between Janesville north to Edgerton will be completed by 2020, a year earlier than planned.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is in the giving mood this holiday season.
More opportunities are down the road to reconstruct a portion of Interstate 39/90 near Janesville.
A representative of the transportation industry is asking why bother even spending money on preliminary work for an expansion of a east-west running of section of Interstate 94 if it's not clear the state will have money for the project anytime soon.
The zipper is back.
With the start of work on a central stretch of Interstate 39/90, those living nearby in Edgerton and Newville will soon find themselves contending with a source of controversy in other parts of the state: roundabouts.
State lawmakers on a powerful budget committee have scheduled a meeting Wednesday to consider a request to borrow an additional $200 million for road projects in the current fiscal year.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)