Wisconsin's railroad commissioner has resigned, weeks after it emerged that he softened letters of reprimand given to two workers found to be carrying on an affair at the office.
In their testimony to a Milwaukee committee Wednesday, railroad officials described efforts to increase safety in the transport of oil and other hazardous substances. But they also revealed a patchwork of regulatory agencies with differing jurisdictions that are not always coordinated in their efforts.
More rail traffic in Wisconsin is leading to more blocked railroad crossings, a trend affecting drivers across the state.
The boom in demand for Wisconsin’s sand used for hydraulic fracturing has prompted conflicts and safety concerns along with an increase in rail traffic moving the commodity to other states.
Wisconsin's train transport industry faces reliability and safety problems brought on by the harsh winter, congestion and federal limits on crews' hours, the state's top railroad official told the Wisconsin State Journal.
Private companies are footing the bill for thousands of rail-related jobs in Wisconsin and it’s predicted that employment will continue to grow.
State Department of Administration Secretary Mike Huebsch permanently has appointed Summer Shannon-Bradley as the Division of State Facilities administrator.
After his office spent more than 70 percent of its annual supplies budget in three month, state Railroad Commissioner Jeff Plale said he’ll curb expenses to avoid exceeding the threshold.
Wisconsin representatives expressed surprise Wednesday in the wake of Jeff Plale’s announcement that he is abandoning his post as state facilities administrator less than a year after assuming the role.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A net put in place across the state Capitol rotunda following an altercation over the release of balloons is going to be taken down. State’s facilities […]
By Adam Wise Jim Hoffman is saving his money, extending his credit limits and bracing for potential layoffs to keep his road-building company afloat should the federal government fail to […]
By James Briggs The construction-manager-at-risk project delivery method is facing renewed scrutiny after state approval of a waiver for the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The state Building Commission granted the waiver […]
- Wisconsin unions, businesses rally support for Line 5 relocation project
- Biden uses executive power to create a New Deal-style American Climate Corps
- Wisconsin’s starting fixed fee for engineering services gets a bump
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Caroline Heights Apartments turns historic structures into living space
- Wauwatosa Common Council greenlights $400M Barrett Lo apartments at Mayfair Mall
- Kenosha Common Council unanimously passes contractor requirements for public bids
- Old church finds new purpose as St. John’s Lutheran Church converts to affordable housing
- Indoor farms are shutting down as their businesses struggle. So why are more being built?
- Low Mississippi River limits barge traffic
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- Wisconsin contractors urge Kenosha council to delay vote over bidding ordinance
- New reports see mixed bag for construction economy
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)