Democratic state Sen. Lena Taylor has a new political goal after dropping her bid for lieutenant governor: becoming mayor of Milwaukee.
Gov. Tony Evers and his fellow Democratic lawmakers have introduced a series of proposals designed to reduce overcrowded prisons, but without support from Republican leaders they are unlikely to gain momentum in the GOP-controlled Legislature.
State Sen. Lena Taylor has formally started her run for mayor of Milwaukee.
Milwaukee is still lacking an essential element in its plans to replace lead water pipes: cash.
Wisconsin Senate Republicans broke with the state Assembly over a plan to overhaul the state's juvenile-justice system, pursuing a scaled-back proposal on Wednesday that would still close the Lincoln Hills prison by 2021 but would pull back on a proposed $80 million reorganization.
When trade unions are faced with choosing whom to endorse in a race with two or more worthy candidates, seniority often serves as the tiebreaker.
State Sen. Lena Taylor has received the endorsement of three construction-union groups in her bid for re-election.
The Wisconsin Center plays a crucial role in the $500 million financing plan for a new Milwaukee Bucks arena, but its officials were not consulted on the financial aspects and were left out of testimony on the project received by Wisconsin lawmakers Monday.
Wisconsin Senate Democratic Minority Leader Jennifer Shilling has chosen Lena Taylor and Jon Erpenbach to serve on the Legislature's Joint Finance Committee.
The odor wouldn’t have been out of place at a Grateful Dead concert but did seem a little incongruous inside the state Capitol.
The Republican-controlled state Senate passed a bill Tuesday weakening powers of the Milwaukee County Board, after agreeing to relatively minor changes brought forward by Democrats.
Under a bill published Friday and proposed by Rep. Joe Sanfelippo, R-West Allis, Milwaukee County supervisors would see their terms restricted, their pay reduced and their authority redefined.
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)