Another longtime Democratic Wisconsin state senator announced Tuesday he won't seek re-election this fall.
The fight over a proposed $70 million sand-processing center in western Wisconsin was to go on Wednesday before a state Senate committee, which was scheduled to hear public comments on a bill the Assembly has amended to include environmental exemptions for the project.
Wisconsin utilities have met the state’s renewable-energy goals, leaving industry observers to worry that there might be little motivation to continue building wind turbines, biodigesters and similar equipment.
Some Republican state lawmakers, upset by a federal judge’s ruling against the state’s voter identification law, are vowing to introduce new legislation.
A bill meant to encourage the construction of renewable-energy projects in Wisconsin also could weaken supporters’ goals of having public utilities generate 30 percent of their energy from those sources by 2030.
In the age of 30-second attack ads that sell candidates no differently that laundry soap and cheeseburgers, most legislators surely felt they had no choice but to support a $100 million property tax cut approved last week.
The Wisconsin Senate passed Gov. Scott Walker's $100 million property tax cut proposal Tuesday with bipartisan support, even though Democrats complained it was more a political ploy than anything that would truly help people's pocketbooks.
A Democratic state senator says he has quit his party's caucus after Majority Leader Mark Miller offered him a weak committee chairmanship post.
Gov. Scott Walker said in his State of the State speech Wednesday that he kept his promises and now Wisconsin is headed in the right direction, even though opponents have mounted a historic effort to toss him from office less than midway through his term.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald has rejected two Democrats recommended for a new committee on Wisconsin mining regulations. Fitzgerald, a Juneau Republican, said Tuesday he is […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Republicans in the state Senate have put together a committee that will consider changes to Wisconsin’s mining regulations. Sen. Neal Kedzie of Elkhorn will chair the […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Two Democrats who ousted incumbent Republican state senators are scheduled to be sworn into office next week. A spokesman for Democratic Senate Majority Leader Mark Miller […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)