A remaining ring beam that made up part of the Metrodome's roof structure has been taken down using controlled explosives.
A company has started tearing out the bright-blue stadium seats from the now-closed Metrodome.
Minnesota’s puffy-topped Metrodome that has hosted monster truck rallies, the Final Four and the Super Bowl soon will host its final event. Ahead of its demolition, historians and others are sizing up what should be saved.
Even as the newly approved lease and development agreements for the new Vikings stadium moved the $975 million project closer to a planned mid-November groundbreaking, rising construction costs are having an effect on the budget.
Through the magic of computer imaging, the Vikings stadium project flashed before their eyes on a projector screen.
The public will have its first look at the new $975 million Vikings stadium next month.
The soon-to-be-announced construction manager for the Vikings stadium project won’t have much time to celebrate its selection.
The Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority wants more time to think over its decision on selecting a builder for the new Minnesota Vikings stadium.
A leading Democratic state lawmaker said he is growing more concerned about the reliability of tax revenue from electronic gambling machines that is supposed to help pay for construction of a new Minnesota Vikings stadium.
Stadium watchers will have to wait a week longer than expected to find out who will build the new $975 million home of the Minnesota Vikings.
The chase is on for the right to build the new Minnesota Vikings stadium, arguably the most coveted sports construction project up for grabs in the U.S.
Gov. Mark Dayton said Thursday that Minnesota Vikings officials weren't forthright during negotiations about the possibility that season ticket holders could be charged hefty new fees to help fund the new stadium.
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- Dane County pledges $1.5M boost Madison homeless shelter
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)