State transportation officials said replacing the bridge before 2030 was their top priority.
State officials remain hopeful to receive federal grants for local bridge projects.
Gov. Tony Evers and Gov. Tim Walz announced Thursday that their state's departments of transportation will seek federal money to rebuild a major bridge project between Wisconsin and Minnesota.
The last few weeks have been momentous for Margaret Anderson Kelliher and the state department she oversees.
The Blueberry Hill prairie south of Bayport is secure — at least for the next five years.
Members of the St. Croix Valley chapter of The Prairie Enthusiasts traveled to the Blueberry Hill tallgrass prairie east of the Twin Cities on a recent day to gather seed heads from anise hyssop and leadplant for future local prairie restorations.
A big chunk of the old Red Wing bridge, spanning the Mississippi River between Wisconsin and Minnesota, is going down this week as part of a $63.4 million project to demolish the structure and build a replacement.
When the Minnesota and Wisconsin transportation departments needed an author to write the history of the venerable Stillwater Lift Bridge, Charlene Roise stood out as a the best candidate for the job.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation this week wrapped up work on the first project it has delivered using the construction manager-general contractor system: the $145.9 million Winona Bridge rehabilitation and construction project.
Wisconsin and Minnesota have agreed to ban overweight vehicles from driving on the Blatnik Bridge, which connects Duluth to Superior, to forestall damage until the span is replaced in a decade's time.
The state of Wisconsin may be stuck with a $27 million tab to cover cost overruns on the St. Croix Crossing project — and that’s just part of a settlement […]
Scrambling to avoid damage from the swelling Mississippi River, crews are working round the clock in Minnesota, just across from Hagar City, to put girders in place for the new $63.4 million Highway 63/Eisenhower.
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- Minnesota approves giant solar energy project near Minneapolis
- Veterinary center wants to build $13M clinic in Pewaukee
- TOP BIDDERS: The biggest recent winning bids around the state
- OSHA targets silica dust for engineered stone industry
- Biden administration announces $1.4B to improve rail safety and boost capacity in 35 states, including Wisconsin
- Dane County pledges $1.5M boost Madison homeless shelter
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)