The Minnesota Department of Transportation has awarded Lunda Construction Co. a $62 million contract to repair a bridge along a segment of Interstate 494 in Bloomington, Minnesota.
The last few weeks have been momentous for Margaret Anderson Kelliher and the state department she oversees.
The Blueberry Hill prairie south of Bayport is secure — at least for the next five years.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is prepping for the Twin Cities metro area's next major freeway upgrade: Interstate 494 through Eden Prairie, Bloomington and Richfield.
A big chunk of the old Red Wing bridge, spanning the Mississippi River between Wisconsin and Minnesota, is going down this week as part of a $63.4 million project to demolish the structure and build a replacement.
More disadvantaged businesses worked on Minnesota Department of Transportation projects in the second half of fiscal year 2018 than in the first half, but the department still fell short of its goal for enlisting disadvantaged business enterprises.
By BRIAN JOHNSON BridgeTower Media Newswires Contractors on Minnesota state highway and small mass-transit projects that receive federal money may have to stretch a little farther in the next few […]
State and local traffic engineers have long believed that roundabouts can improve safety at busy intersections — and now they have more data to back up those claims.
A deal on transportation funding hit a bump in the road in Minnesota when Gov. Mark Dayton vetoed what he described as a “wholly inadequate” Republican-backed bill that focuses largely on road and bridge improvements.
A St. Cloud-based trucking company has filed a lawsuit to stop the Minnesota Department of Transportation from enforcing a new prevailing-wage mandate that requires contractors on MnDOT projects to reimburse workers for food, lodging and travel costs beyond their basic wage and benefit rates.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation wants to improve the anti-icing system on the Interstate 35W bridge over the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, but the federally funded project has hit a snag after a contractor bid came in over budget.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has announced plans for spending about $1 billion this construction season on more than 200 new and ongoing road and bridge projects statewide.
- Milwaukee County breaks ground on first health and human services center
- Where are the homes? Glaring need for housing construction underlined by Century 21 CEO
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)