A carpenters union recommended similar legislation in Wisconsin to bring awareness and enforcement to wage theft.
The company recently completed three solar projects and has nine more construction projects ongoing.
A coalition of Wisconsin business, tourism and health care leaders, former office holders and others announced Wednesday that it is working to find a bipartisan solution to keeping the Milwaukee Brewers in the state.
Construction unions are touting the results of a report suggesting that building solar farms with a local workforce generates more than twice as much economic benefits in Wisconsin as using out-of-state labor.
A coalition of construction and business interests are pointing to a poll suggesting that Milwaukee-area residents favor plans to add lanes to a stretch of Interstate 94 west of downtown Milwaukee over less costly options.
The Painters and Allied Trades District Council No. 7 began picketing Madison's Judge Doyle Square construction site on Friday after the general contractor on the project hired a non-union painting firm.
A trio of construction trades unions on Tuesday endorsed Rep. Brian Steil in his re-election bid for Congress.
Report contends Davis-Bacon stymies competition, costs taxpayers; but authors acknowledge shortcomings
Three years since Wisconsin lawmakers repealed prevailing wage on state and local jobs in Wisconsin, critics of the policy are still debating if the state is better off without it.
Thursday was draft day for 11 Milwaukee-area high school students who are now on their way to the big leagues of construction.
A state Assembly committee gave a favorable recommendation this week to a bill that would give workers and employers a tax break on apprenticeship tuition.
If Jairo Cruz had been a professional football player instead of a construction worker, he may well have been deemed a hero for playing his way through injury and taking one for the team.
It’s a common strategy these days for partisan activists to attempt to discredit supporters of policies they don’t like without actually addressing the merits of the policies in question.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)