1. AMOUNT: $18,419,344 AWARDED TO: Mashuda Contractors, Princeton PROJECT: WisDot August “23” Highway Letting 5, CTH Q – STH 113 (CTH M), Oncken Road to STH 113, CTH M Dane […]
Contractor under federal investigation after woman allegedly posed as Black owner to get Army contracts
Federal agents are investigating a Franklin-based construction company after a family member allegedly posed as a Black business owner to get contracts from the U.S. Army, an unsealed search warrant application revealed.
After considering a career in architecture, Nikki Platt followed her heart to the theater.
There are a lot of things Dick Platt could have done.
A weekly compilation of the largest winning bids in Wisconsin, according to The Daily Reporter’s JobTrac service.
Reuben Fischer (left) and Josh Molenda, both employees of Platt Construction Inc., Franklin, tie rebar while preparing for a concrete pour to create a barrier wall on the Airport Spur on Oct. 9 in Milwaukee.
[caption id="attachment_74681" align="alignnone" width="403" caption="A crew with Platt Construction Inc., Franklin, pours a concrete barricade wall along the northbound lanes of Interstate 94 on Monday during work on the North/South Freeway project in Milwaukee. (Staff photo by Kevin Harnack)"][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_69738" align="alignnone" width="635" caption="Dave Shepherd of Platt Construction Inc., Franklin, finishes as 42-inch concrete barrier wall Tuesday while working on the Interstate 94 North/South Freeway Project in the Mitchell Interchange in Milwaukee. The project includes work on bridges, noise barrier walls, retaining walls, sign bridges, storm sewers, pavement, curb and [...]
By Sean Ryan A proposed federal rule change would let company owners earn more personal wealth while keeping their status as disadvantaged business enterprises. But the change only is a […]
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)