Northern Wisconsin labor organization signs project labor agreement with Minnesota Power for Nemadji Trail gas plant
The agreement ensures union labor to build the Nemadji Trail Energy Center, still under state and federal review.
A Madison utility company's key power plant has been out of service since September and is in need of $25 million in repairs.
As Alliant Energy marks the start of work on a new power plant in Beloit, some industry representatives are saying that a decision to let non-union contractors compete for the project produced savings even before shovels hit the ground.
Two of the state’s largest utility companies have come to an agreement that will let them present a united front when they argue before state regulators for the construction of a new power plant in southern Wisconsin.
Amid tepid annual increases in energy use in Wisconsin, Alliant Energy is asking regulators for permission to sink $750 million into building a new power plant near Beloit.
A Wisconsin energy company is planning a power plant expansion despite critics’ assertions that a proposed purchase of the utility’s parent company could make the project unnecessary.
Madison-based Alliant Energy Corp. says it will ask the state for permission to build a large natural-gas fired plant near Beloit.
Beloit College has reached a milestone in its plans to convert an electrical generating station into a recreational hub.
A new power plant that burns wood and sawdust is now producing power at Domtar Corp.'s paper mill in north-central Wisconsin, We Energies said Monday.
We Energies could shut down its power plant in Michigan's Upper Peninsula unless it works out a deal with the Midwest power grid operator.
The Kewaunee nuclear power plant may have been disconnected from the power grid, but the process to decommission the facility will take a long time.
A Wisconsin utility is scaling back its plans to run power lines into Michigan's Upper Peninsula, citing reduced energy needs and a pending review of future needs.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)