Milwaukee Bucks officials say they are beating most of their goals for hiring residents and small businesses for the construction of the Fiserv Forum and related projects, according to a second-quarter report.
Looking at their construction spending through last spring, Milwaukee Bucks officials say they are on-track to beat the hiring goals set on a trio of development projects related to the […]
Milwaukee officials moved forward with an ordinance change Thursday that would further restrict what hours contractors could log in trying to meet their resident-hiring goals.
Milwaukee officials are making it clear that it’s not enough for developers and contractors to simply meet the various hiring targets that have been attached to projects that receive city money.
Contractors and developers doing business in Milwaukee will no doubt eventually work on a project that contains the city's Residents Preference Program hiring goals.
On Jan. 1, contractors in Milwaukee will find themselves subject to modified resident-hiring goals for various local construction projects.
Milwaukee Bucks officials have begun using a computer program to help them meet workforce-development goals that are attached to the construction of the team's new downtown arena.
Save for Northwestern Mutual's headquarters project, various Milwaukee developments that have received public money are falling short of a city-imposed goal to provide jobs to local residents.
With the Milwaukee Common Council's approval on Tuesday, city officials will not only have to make sure unemployed or underemployed residents are finding work on projects receiving public money, but also that some of those workers come from impoverished neighborhoods.
When Alderman Russell Stamper sees a building going up in the city and calls for some of the resulting work to go to unemployed Milwaukee residents, he’s not just thinking […]
A group of Milwaukee officials is moving forward with a series of proposed changes to the city’s inclusion initiatives, including a program that promotes the hiring of unemployed or underemployed residents on construction projects.
In recommending changes to the city's Residents Preference Program, Milwaukee officials are considering doing away with a limit that now causes certification for local hiring goals to expire after five years.
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- Zignego to lead $60M I-894 improvement project
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)