In the garage of a vacant farmhouse at the Marathon County landfill, mushrooms are growing in contaminated soil.
A budget originally calling for spending $14.1 million on a pair of stormwater drainage basins in a Milwaukee industrial corridor has lately increased to around $15.2 million.
Megan Lennon and Eric Mohring are debating which shade of "muck" they're staring at.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has approved a U.S. Army proposal to excavate contaminated soil at the former Badger Army Ammunition Plant in Fitchburg.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Seven families who live near a Madison chemical plant are suing the company, alleging it has failed to clean up contaminants. The plaintiffs say chemicals from […]
By Joe Lanane The first waves of dirt deliveries are rolling into Oak Creek from the Mitchell Interchange reconstruction on Interstate 94 to cap contaminated soil on the city’s lakefront. […]
By MARCIA NELESEN The Janesville Gazette JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) — A glacier that moved south from Canada about 13,000 years ago ground to a halt across northern Rock County. As […]
- Lawmakers block update for new commercial building standards
- Milwaukee Mayor’s $1.9B budget proposal has infrastructure boost
- As employers face labor shortages, Biden administration rolls out playbook for training workers
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- October proclaimed Architecture Awareness Month in Wisconsin
- Pre-Bid Meetings – Week of October 2, 2023
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- BUILDING BLOCKS: Second phase of Lower Yahara River Trail construction
- Sky-high mortgage rates leave homes unaffordable for more buyers, sending new home sales tumbling
- Forecast: Economic challenges ahead as rates rise and labor shortages remain
- CBRE opens office on 18th floor of Milwaukee BMO Tower
- Former inmate able to rebuild life through work in construction trades
- First prefabricated bridge in US installed in Eau Claire County
- Illinois developer worked with Wisconsin contractor to build 258-unit Wauwatosa apartment complex
- VJS Construction raises the roof for Bruce Guadalupe Community School expansion project
- Microgrid pilot project will store energy for village affected by outages
- Dane County sees uptick in highway work zone crashes, on track to exceed last year
- The Hop streetcar will debut newest service route in fall with limited service
- FPC Live slims venue proposal to 1 downtown building
- Children’s Hospital urgent care center in Milwaukee gets first round of city approval
- With Sonag Construction shut down, feds move to block indicted owner from collecting leftover assets
- Four contractors selected to build border wall prototypes
- UW-Milwaukee’s Greenstreet shaping minds (and the city)
- Turning the Corner(s) (PHOTO SLIDESHOW)